[SHIP]Tsunami Class Battlecruiser (Ion Battlecruiser)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
NarnKar

Re: [SHIP]Tsunami Class Battlecruiser (Ion Battlecruiser)

Postby NarnKar » Fri May 29, 2015 8:43 am

@StylesRJ "Smart bombs"? Not small bombs?

Also, since this'll be at the top the fifth page: if you downloaded the ship and you're wondering "hey, why doesn't this mod work?" That's because it was made pre-Advanced Edition. You'll want to download this version instead.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k2aus ... ami_AE.ftl
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri May 29, 2015 8:48 am

NarnKar wrote:@StylesRJ "Smart bombs"? Not small bombs?

Yeah, for some reason I keep saying Smart Bomb instead of Small. Dunno why... :lol:
kevinbotz

Postby kevinbotz » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:54 pm

I've been experiencing quite a few issues with the ship simply crashing the game when jumping to a random beacon in the first sector. I'm running no other mods aside from the Tsunami ship mod.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be the cause?
Angel71090

Postby Angel71090 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:35 pm

Okay, I know this particular thread ain't been updated in like....forever, but I managed to solve the beam problem.

I went ahead and compared it with other mods that deal with artillery beams, and after some trial, error, and a few failed spot checks I noticed something. There was a coding error.

Apparently, the <color> section that changed the color of the beam was never closed with a </color>. I did that, on the off chance it might work, and low and behold...it did.

Here is a link to the fixed save.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/d6eo7fli ... E.ftl/file

If you don't feel safe considering I'm a new guy and this is my first ever post, I don't blame you. Here's the literal fixed bit of code. You can copy/paste it over the original in the Blueprints file within the .ftl file.

Code: Select all

<weaponBlueprint name="ARTILLERY_SHOGO">
   <type>BEAM</type>
   <title>Advanced Ion Beam</title>
   <short>Tsunami Beam</short>
   <desc>This overcharged ion beam uses a new technology to disable mutiple systems. However targeting abilities have been sacrificed.</desc>
   <tooltip>Artillery beam that automatically fires a ion beam. Can cause electrical fires.</tooltip>
   <damage>0</damage>
   <ion>2</ion>
   <sp>5</sp>
   <fireChance>4</fireChance>
   <breachChance>0</breachChance>
   <cooldown>15</cooldown>
   <speed>13</speed>
   <power>1</power>
   <cost>0</cost>
   <bp>5</bp>
   <rarity>0</rarity>
   <color>
      <r>0</r>
      <b>255</b>
      <g>255</g>
   </color>
   <image>beam_contact</image>
   <length>500</length>
   <launchSounds>
      <sound>ion_beam</sound>
   </launchSounds>
   <weaponArt>artillery_fed</weaponArt>
</weaponBlueprint>

Edit: Thanks to some help from looking at porcu93 Federation's Improved Artilleries and Cruisers ( https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36467 ), I was able to solve the restored 5th level upgrade for the Ion Beam. As I have no idea what icon was used to make the hourglass to show time for the original four upgrades, I can't add it to my text added to fill in the missing text.

Side note, if porcus93 wants me to take this down because I used the systemui icon for artillery charge 5 to keep it from coming up with a visiual error, I will.
porcu93

Postby porcu93 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:22 pm

Angel71090 wrote:Side note, if porcus93 wants me to take this down because I used the systemui icon for artillery charge 5 to keep it from coming up with a visiual error, I will.

Keep the post up, no need to remove it.
Also, welcome to the modding community, and thank you for playing with my mods ;) .
Angel71090

Postby Angel71090 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:26 pm

porcu93 wrote:
Angel71090 wrote:Side note, if porcus93 wants me to take this down because I used the systemui icon for artillery charge 5 to keep it from coming up with a visiual error, I will.

Keep the post up, no need to remove it.
Also, welcome to the modding community, and thank you for playing with my mods ;) .

Oh damn, hey! Thanks for letting me use that, and thanks for the welcome! I doubt I'll do much, but I'm always willing to fiddle around with good mods and see if I can fix them if they get borked. Glad to be here, and glad to make this work again!