[MOD] A Strange New Galaxy 04.01.15 (AE)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Metzelmax

Re: [MOD] A Strange New Galaxy 16.08.13 [WIP]

Postby Metzelmax » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:23 pm

That's the reason why the ion beam states that it has 2 shield piercing which results in it having 1 actual sp. It's just weird. It calculates like that: 0 dmg + 1 sp = still 0 dmg so ftl cuts all side effects like sys dmg. 0 dmg + 2 sp = still 0 dmg but some how this time the side effects can pierce one shield.
IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE.

Also I appreciate that you have fully formulated the replacement text. That way I only need to ctrl+v it in notepad++ ^^
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
Metzelmax

Re: [MOD] A Strange New Galaxy 24.08.13 [WIP]

Postby Metzelmax » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:34 am

ver0.5b:

->Added the last player ship: Celiak Guardian!
->nerfed Beta terminator (-1 crew)
->changed all stackable augments so that they give greater boni and cost more but arent stackable anymore.
->3 new events (Anterian homworld)
->some minor stuff I cant remember.
ImageImageImageImage
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:27 pm

It is possible to win without drones or cloak^^. The 6 weapons have some really annoying bugs along it, but nothing that makes it unplayable.
ImageImageImageImage
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:10 am

Looks vicious. :D I like the shield too.

I played the fed colony ship and made it all the way to the boss, and would you belive that the only hulldamaging weapon i got my hands on was a Halberd that i had to sell virtually everything to buy. That and a Leto... man, how did i ever get that far on that. Boarding was sexy though.. 2 Rocks and a Mantis. :mrgreen: Nice ship. I fired my last missile just before i hopped to the store to buy the Halberd, so i think the weapons balance works. :D

Oh stage two did unspeakable things to me. :mrgreen: In case you were wondering how it ended.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:21 pm

I personally am so bad at my own ship Gaia that I run out of missiles within sector 2. I just cant conserve my missiles for shit.

But most of my ships are painfully hard. I like pain apparently.
ImageImageImageImage
Metzelmax

Re: [MOD] A Strange New Galaxy 28.08.13 [WIP]

Postby Metzelmax » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:53 am

ver0.5c:
->added 2 new Anterian ships.
->added 3 new drones
->added 3 new events
->added 2 new enemy exclusive weapons
->crystall and anterian sectors will no longer have weapons of other races in stores
->Added another way to get to the crystal sector (another event in Rock home sector)
ImageImageImageImage
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:01 am

I haven't played the previous update yet. :D You're spoiling us with your updates sir. Looking forward to it.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:44 pm

I played the 0.5c version and i'm happy to report that custom Anterian sectors no longer crash the game. I visited two in my run (Anterian Hegemony and Anterian Nebula), and i gotta say there's some nice events there. I really enjoyed the mod and the damned Anterian prison transport really trolled me. :D
Here's some feedback and typos and opinions n stuff:

Event typos: NOTE - CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

Code: Select all

<event name="TREEL_WARP_DIS">
   <distressBeacon/>
   <ship load="TREEL_DEF" hostile="false"/>
   <text>As you reach this systems beacon you find yourself surrounded by huge space anomalies! All the stars warp around and are totally bent. In the middle of the chaos sits a Treel ship... it's Distortion Generator must be malfunctioning. You should get out of here but with all these distortions, jumping is not possible.</text>

<eventList name="STORM_ANT_REVIVE">
   <event>
      <ship hostile="true"/>
      <text>Before you can get on board the ship a lightning strikes it and powers it back up! As the ship comes to life it targets you and loads its weapons! It must have mistaken you for an enemy!</text>
   </event>
   <event>
      <text>While you were on board the Terminator some debris you didnt notice because of the ion storm collided with your ship! Well at least you managed to find some useful stuff within the Anterian ship.</text>

<event name="NEBULA_ANT_PRISON">
   <environment type="nebula"/>
   <ship load="ANT_PRISONSHIP" hostile="false"/>
   <text>Within this nebula you come across an Anterian terminator. You receive a message and are surprised to see an actual Anterian on the screen: "Help us! Our Androids have gone crazy! We cant control them anymore. Please attack the ship so we --- Cutting communications." The Androids have interupted the signal.</text>   
   <choice hidden="true">
      <text>Attack the ship.</text>
      <event>
         <text>You attack the Anterian ship. Once you have done enough damage to it the Anterians might be able to regain control.</text>
         <ship hostile="true"/>
      </event>
   </choice>
   <choice hidden="true">
      <text>Leave them. They are surely up to something.</text>
      <event/>
   </choice>
</event>
<ship name="ANT_PRISONSHIP" auto_blueprint="TERM_ANT">
   <surrender  chance="0" min="3" max="3">
      <text>The Anterian gets back on the screen. "Thanks! We managed to free ourselves from the Androids. But your assault has almost totally destroyed this ship. Please take us aboard your vessel!"</text>
      <choice>
         <text>Ok, beam them over.</text>
         <event>
            <text>The Anterians teleport themselves onto your ship and you suddenly find yourself surounded by multiple Anterians with drawn guns. "You see", their leader says "We are criminals being transported to an exile planet. But we would like to set our own destination. And since you nearly destroyed the prison ship we would kindly ask if we can have yours."</text>
            <boarders min="3" max="5" class="energy"/>
         </event>
      </choice>
      <choice hidden="true">
         <text>Continue the Assault. You dont trust him.</text>
         <event>
            <text>"Hey! We had an agreement you son of a..."</text>
         </event>
      </choice>
   </surrender>
   <destroyed>
      <text>As the ship explodes you search the wreck. Noone survived, but you find the blackbox of the ship. Apparently this ship was transporting prisoners to a planet where they were to be exiled. You loot whats left of the ship.</text>
      <autoReward level="HIGH">standard</autoReward>
   </destroyed>
   <deadCrew>
      <text>As the last Uz'ran dies the ship itself starts screaming! But it doesnt do anything to stop you from looting its interior. It just mourns its dead crew.</text>
      <autoReward level="HIGH">standard</autoReward>
   </deadCrew>
</ship>

Not sure why the deadCrew tag mentions Uz'ran, but i assume it's just filler.

Trill Isolator - When moving from the disconnected room back onto the main ship, movement becomes very silly. Pathfinding allways sends crew towards the computer console in the next nearest room (if there's no console, then it's allways subroom 0), so unless there is a straight path crew will move diagonally or have trouble moving through doors. It's probably not possible to fix this.
You don't need double doors however. You could remove the doors on the main ship that lead to Weapons and Shield rooms. They kinda look like airlocks too, which is pretty confusing since there is an airlock nearby.

In my opinion, the ship is OP with it's starting weapons and 4 weapon slots. 3 would be slightly tougher. That said, i got slaughtered in sector 6 just as i thought i could skip the rest of the beacons and rush for the flagship.

You made some tough events my friend. :)

Keep up the good work.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:43 am

you only think that ship is op until a random shot destroys your weapons or shields^^

The treel are kinda hard through out the game simply because they have only partial shielding. The isolator ofc is the strongest of their ships. of every race I have made at least one ship that is easy to play and the rest is getting continuously getting harder.

Isolator>Infiltrator>AsaultDefender>ResistanceBreaker
Commandoship>BetaTerminator>AlphaTerminator>GammDestroyer>Alphascout>DeltaCruiser
Kraken>Levithan>Maggot>Squid
ImageImageImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:55 am

Nice mod. I tried it last night and is really well made, good job. But i still have cashes when i enter in the anterian sector, sometimes. I was trying your mod in hope to find a solution to those crashes, since im trying to add my custom sectors to my mod and i cant get it. They always crash when i click in the map beacon. Same thing happened to your mod in one try of two i had the chance. I cant find the cause (and i hope to find it soon, or i will leave modding for ftl asap), but still it keeps crashing. Any ideas??
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage